INTERNAL REVENUE EMPLOYEES FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
A. Privacy of Member Financial Information
Internal Revenue Employees Federal Credit Union (IREFCU) shall protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of each member’s non-public information consistent with state and federal laws.
IREFCU shall take careful and reasonable measures to protect the accuracy and privacy of all member information used in conducting business.
IREFCU will not collect or maintain information about its members that is not essential for prudent business purposes.
1. IREFCU officers, directors, committee members and employees are required to hold in confidence all Credit Union transactions with members and all information in regards to members’ personal business.
2. It is the responsibility of all officers, directors, committee members and employees to protect confidential member information.
3. It is the responsibility of all officers, directors, committee members and employees to identify any potential area of exposure and to take steps to report such discovery and to assist in correcting the condition that could permit any potential security breach .
4. It is, further, the responsibility of all officers, directors, committee members and employees to report any actual or threatened release of confidential information and to take steps as may be immediately available to prevent or to halt such release.
C. Sharing Information
1. It is the policy to prohibit disclosure of member information to third parties (excluding Credit Union affiliates) concerning accounts with us, except:
(a) When such disclosure is necessary to complete transactions.
(b) To verify the existence and conditions of your account for a third party (such as a credit bureau) as is permitted by law.
(c) To comply with any court order or applicable laws or regulations.
(d) When given written permission by the member. Federal law protects the information IREFCU provides to credit reporting agencies and its use is strictly governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
2. IREFCU does not and will not sell or provide personal information to third parties for independent use.
D. Administration and Amendments
1. Protecting member privacy is an ongoing process and IREFCU will continue to review the measures taken to safeguard member information.
2. If member information is ever shared with vendors, all contracts and agreements between the vendor and IREFCU will include a guarantee that the vendor will safeguard such information.
IREFCU reserves the right to amend this policy in any respect.